E-clouds( Educational Clouds)
What about cloud computing in educational institutions?
Cloud computing is one of the best research fields in the information system. Then, what you mean by cloud computing?. Cloud computing is a distributed computing technology offering required software and computer applications and data storages through the Internet. It also provides storage, computational platform, and infrastructure which are demanded by the user according to their requirement as the pay-as-you-go system. Due to the growth of educational institutes, organizations have to spend a large amount of money on their infrastructure to fulfill the needs and demands of the users. Cloud computing is a developing platform that allows institutions and organizations with a huge collection of resource and to reduce the cost and expenses of hardware and software. In the present time, many education institutions are facing the problems with the growing need for information technology and infrastructure.
Cloud computing which is an amazing technology and which relies on existing technology such as the Internet, vitalization, grid computing etc. It can be a solution to such problems by providing required infrastructure, software and storage also computer applications.
When John McCarthy opined “Computation may someday be organized as a public utility”, the concept of cloud computing dates back to 1960.then what you mean by cloud computing? The term ‘cloud computing’ is a confusion for too many people, ‘Cloud’ is used as a symbol of the Internet and its main objective is customization and user-defined experience. Cloud computing provides shared resources, software, and information through the Internet as a PAYGO (Pay-as-you-go) basis. Educational institutes, universities, industries are giving their full concentration in transforming the society and entire world economy into cloud computing. Various researches are carried out to update the present cloud service infrastructure especially in the area of education. Cloud computing can be an accepted in the universities and educational institutes for higher studies. It gives a better choice and flexibility to the IT departments by building multipurpose computational infrastructure facility.
Google, AWS, and Microsoft Azure and IBM like companies started to provide their facilities for large and small business group. The user can customize by on-campus or off-campus or combination of both depending on the customers need with the help of cloud computing.
Due to the revolution of cloud computing, many of services have migrated from the traditional system to the online internet form. Most of the universities are trying to improve their IT infrastructure and data, but they are facing a few challenges which can be solved by cloud computing. The challenges are;
1) Cost of hardware and software: they can select the subscription or pay-as-you-go plan.
2) The flexibility of service: cloud computing helps to reduce the investment in infrastructures as demand fluctuates.
3) Accessibility data collection and storage: making the data and services available publicly from anywhere without losing the important information.
Clouds service reducing the expenditure of the universities for IT infrastructure and the complexity faced by universities and institutions, the traditional installed software on the campus computers are now replaced by cloud computing. ‘The cloud’ itself can gain significant flexibility and agility and can migrate the sensitive data into remote and act as a worldwide data center. To use the cloud services the universities and the institutions has to first define their requirements and has to take a special attention to the privacy and critical issues. There are several cloud services as follows;
1) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): This service used to fulfill the need for infrastructure of the students, teachers and other faculties or researcher globally or locally with some specific hardware for a specific task.
2) Platform as a Service (PaaS): It is a platform to permit customers to build their own application without the cost and other expenses and complexity or risks of buying and managing the underlying hardware and software
3) Software as a Service (SaaS): This service is used to hosting the application which runs and interacts through the web browser, hosted desktop or remote client. SaaS helped to avoid the need of the application on customer own computer and simplifying maintenance and support.
4) Computing as a Service (CaaS): Used to access Implementation of Cloud Computing in Education. To raw computer power on the virtual server such as Amazons, EC2 service. The following figure shows the university using the services of cloud computing:
1)Fig 1.1University using cloud computing
2)Fig 1.2Private cloud architecture for education
Fig 1.3 shows that many universities are connecting to gather in a common cloud, which can provide infrastructure and software and processors etc. it is the example of broad clouds. It acts as a worldwide connection. It helped the students to study and research with many universities. But in the case of fig1.2, it shows the architecture of the private cloud service of particular educational institutions. It is an example of a narrow band cloud. Because it can provide software and infrastructure for their students and staff only. So educational clouds are revolutionary one which can change educational institutions in the world.
Best cloud computing platforms
- I cloud
- Google cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- sale force
- red hat
Top 10 cloud computing courses
- Fast Track to Cloud Comprehension — IaaS, PaaS, SaaS on AWS, Azure, Google, and Co.
- Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Foundation
- Docker Technologies
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Serverless Concepts
- CDN, Big Data & Cloud Computing
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions Certification
- Google Data Engineer and Cloud Architect Guide
why careers in cloud computing?
There are three lacks of job opportunities in India. About $725 billion is the market rate of cloud computing. So you can imagine how many job opportunities are available in these fields. The jobs start from cloud developer into cloud operator.
Which institution is best for cloud computing?
There is many clouds computing training institute in India. But I personally recommend you to select “LIVE WIRE” Institute for bright future in cloud computing courses, also “LIVE LEARN” for online classes. They are ISO certified best cloud computing institute in India. Their teaching staffs are very friendly and supporting nature. Their classes and teaching materials are outstanding ones. So you can believe 100% of their services. Then learn, enjoy, explore your life.