10 largest Solar power Stations in India
India has great scope when it comes to using solar energy for useful tasks and because of that this nation had decided to make good use of it. Today, India is one of the top emerging Nations that recycle or make use of solar energy for beneficial production purposes.
Let us have a look at the top 10 largest solar power stations in India
- Kamuthi Solar Power Project is a solar power station that is based in Tamil Nadu. The project has been commissioned by Adani Power and generates about 648MW.
2. Charanka Solar Park located in Gujarat is located in Patan District and was commissioned in 2012. This site holds a capacity of 500 MW of power and spreads through a land of 2,000 hectares.
3. Welspun Solar MP project is a power station in Diken, Madhya Pradesh that holds a capacity of 151 MW and is spread across humungous land.
4. Sakri Photovoltaic solar energy project is located in Maharashtra that holds a power capacity of 125 MW. The project was completed in 2013 and is in smooth operations today.
5. ACME Solar Project in Haryana, is a new and upcoming solar plant that can hold a power capacity of 100 -150 MW.
6. Anantapur Solar Project in Andhra Pradesh is also a new project though not made as public as other power stations. It is a 1500 MW power park and can help the nation develop in terms of utilizing solar energy in drastic ways.
7. Azure Solar Project in Rajasthan is India’s 1st large-scale solar project. The power capacity of this project is also 150 MW.
8. Solar Power Plant is a project that holds a capacity of 15kW and is located in Delhi. The land it is spread across isn’t that large but the operations are just as usual anyway.
9. Sunkalp Energy in District center Saket, New Delhi, is a diversified station that offers capacity of 100MW.
10. TATA Power DDL is a joint venture connecting Tata Power and the Government of NCT (of Delhi). This station has been the leader in implementing power distribution reforms in the capital city and is recognized for its utmost consumer friendly practice(s).